- Novel optical sources for low cost, low consumption, athermal, access network.
- High bit rate operation over transmission spans on standard
fibre beyond state of the art limits using a directly modulated laser.
|Challenges, innovation and highlights
- High performance, low chirp, transmitters based on a novel low dimensional material system (quantum dashes).
- Signal reshaping for recovering an extinction ratio fully compatible with current access network standards.
- Demonstration of a 10 Gbit/s transmission in a semi-cooled operation (45°C) over more than 60 km and an optical budget higher than 29 dB.